CORAL SPRINGS TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Coral Springs, in Broward County, is just 20 miles northwest of Fort Lauderdale, and bordered by Parkland, Coconut Creek, Margate, and Tamarac. A large and sprawling city covering an area of nearly 24 square miles, Coral Springs has a population of nearly 124,000 residents. With so much area within the city limits, there is a complex system of roadways crisscrossing the city, creating the potential for serious truck accidents.
CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS IN CORAL SPRINGS
Big rig accidents may be the result of a wide range of factors, including truck driver negligence, equipment defects and failure to properly perform scheduled maintenance. Some common truck accident causes include:
- Truck driver fatigue: A driver may be negligent in choosing to drive more consecutive hours than permitted by law, causing fatigue and inattentive driving.
- Speeding: Truck drivers often exceed posted speed limits and ignore hazardous road conditions to meet delivery deadlines.
- Negligent hiring/training practices: The trucking company may have hired the driver without a proper background investigation, putting someone with a poor driving history or known substance abuse problems behind the wheel.
- Inadequate maintenance of the truck: Worn tire treads and faulty brakes may make a big rig unable to respond to changing road conditions or unexpected obstacles on the roadway.
- Overloads or poorly secured loads: These can cause trucks to sway, roll, or lose some or all of their cargo onto the roadway, creating hazards for all vehicles in their vicinity.
TRUCK ACCIDENTS AND SERIOUS INJURIES
Injuries resulting from truck accidents are often catastrophic, due to the size and weight of loaded big rigs. Fully loaded 18-wheelers, dump trucks, and other large cargo-carrying commercial vehicles can be as much as 5 times as long and 25 times as heavy as passenger vehicles such as cars, pickups, and minivans. As such, the crushing impact of truck accidents can result in devastating personal injuries and – in some cases – wrongful death.
Victims of serious truck accidents – and their families – have a lot to deal with in the aftermath of a collision. Not only must they deal with the stress and grief involved in catastrophic injury and/or the death of a loved one, but they must also cope with the financial stressors of huge medical expenses, possible funeral expenses, lost wages, and losses due to property damage. A seasoned truck accident attorney can ease some of these stressors by helping you understand your legal options, and ensuring that you receive just compensation for your injuries and/or losses.
CORAL SPRINGS TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS HERE TO HELP
If you or a loved one was the victim of a truck accident, contact the Broward accident attorneys of Madalon Law for a free consultation. Our goal is to answer your questions, address your concerns and explain the options you may have in order to seek financial compensation. Our Coral Springs truck accident attorneys can guide you through the legal process, and work with insurance companies and medical providers to help get you on the road to recovery and receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.