FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE ELDERLY IN BOCA RATONWe realize the emotions you must be feeling if you suspect your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse. The thought of a family member being neglected or abused by a party that should be caring for them is unacceptable. With years of experience successfully representing these types of cases, the accident attorneys of Madalon Law know how to identify the signs. If you feel a loved one may be a victim of nursing home abuse in Boca Raton, then you need to act now. One of our nursing home abuse attorneys will gladly answer your questions and address your concerns at no cost.
BOCA NURSING HOMESBoca Raton’s proximity to the beach, relaxing lifestyle, and abundance of luxury amenities make it an ideal place for many to retire. However, as people get older they or their loved ones may discover that they cannot care for themselves on their own and need the assistance of a nursing home. Anyone familiar with Boca will note that the city truly caters to them. Restaurants and businesses run specials for seniors, and many of the nursing homes provide transportation not only to medical appointments, but also to popular areas such as Mizner Park and Boca Raton Town Center Mall so that their clients can enjoy everything the city has to offer.
According to the Agency for Healthcare Administration, there are currently around 73,000 senior adults living in nursing homes throughout the state of Florida. Even though Boca has an abundance of nursing homes throughout the city, such as Fountains Nursing Home, Whitehall Boca Raton and St. Andrews South; placing a loved one in a nursing home may be one of the most difficult decisions a family can make. What makes things even worse is when the quality of care comes into question.
SIGNS OF NURSING HOME ABUSEEven though there is a level of care that is outlined by Florida law, there are many cases where an elderly care professional can take a position of power over a loved one and not provide the required attention and care that is needed. This can include levels of neglect that can greatly harm a loved one.
Common Signs of Nursing Home Abuse:
- Health problems that have been unattended.
- Poor personal hygiene and/or unpleasant odors.
- Irregular weight loss.
- Dirt, lice or fleas on loved one or in one of the rooms.
- Broken personal items and/or theft
- An abnormal pale complexion
- Bruises that may show a pattern of restraints.
- Wounds, bruises, cuts, welts or untreated bed sores.
- Lack of proper cooling or heating in the nursing home.
- A slip and fall accident.
- Sudden changes in a loved one’s medication.
- If the caregiver is not able to explain the loved one’s condition.
- Caregiver is not able to explain your loved one’s condition.
- If a loved one is allowed to wander off the property.
- If staff refuses to allow visitors to see your loved one alone.
YOU NEED TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY IF YOU SUSPECT NURSING HOME ABUSEThe nursing home abuse attorneys of Madalon Law understand these types of cases and know what to look for. We are based out of Fort Lauderdale and handle nursing home cases throughout the State of Florida. By contacting one of our attorneys, we will address your concerns, answer your questions and give you a better understanding of what your options are. All of this is at no cost to you. Contact us today for your free consultation.