Broward Accident Lawyers Fighting for Victims of Drunk Driving
If you have been involved in a car accident with a drunk driver, the Injury Attorneys at Madalon Law are here to help.
There is nothing more dangerous than someone who has had too much to drink and is now behind the wheel. With all the bars, clubs and nightlife Florida has to offer, sharing the road with drunk drivers is a risk that we all take. Getting into an Auto Accident with a drunk driver can cause serious injuries including Spinal Cord Injury, Head Injuries or even Wrongful Death.
Counties with most DUI convictions in Florida 2010*:
Hillsborough (Tampa) – 3,256
Miami-Dade (Miami) – 2,274
Duval (Jacksonville) – 2,222
Pinellas (St Petersburg) – 1,824
Palm Beach (West Palm Beach) – 1,561
Orange (Orlando) – 1,383
Brevard (Melbourne) – 1,072
Broward (Fort Lauderdale) – 985
*As reported by Florida Department of Motor Vehicles (http://www.dmvflorida.org/florida-dui.shtml)
When a person is a victim to a drunk driver, it is common for the injury case to be looked at as simple and easy. The Injury Attorneys at Madalon Law believe in taking a much more aggressive approach to your case. We feel you deserve this amount of effort from your law firm after such an unnecessary irresponsible act has affected your life.
What if you were both at fault for the accident?
Comparative negligence allows you to collect in proportion to the drunk driver’s responsibility. So if it is determined that you are entitled to $100,000 and the Drunk Driver is 70% at fault, you still receive $70,000 for your injuries and damages. When one of these accidents involve comparative negligence, having the right legal team can make a huge difference.
We will work diligently in finding out every possible level of negligence by the driver including:
- Was the driver’s perception abilities affected in observing traffic signs, bikers, pedestrians or cars coming from the opposite way?
- How bad was their reaction time in the traffic situation?
- Did the alcohol cause their perspective of space to narrow (drivers will focus more straightforward and don’t look to right or left)?
- Did the accident happen due to reaction time increasing and reflexes diminishing?
- Did they have difficulty driving in a straight line?
- Was the accident due to poor judgment of speed and distance?
- Were they driving at a very slow speed or did they stop without cause?
- Were they driving after dark with the headlights off?
- Were they overconfident and put themselves (and other drivers) in danger by taking unwise risks, i.e., trying to catch the light, making the quick left before oncoming traffic?
We may also be able to seek financial compensation from the establishment where the drunk driver was being served alcohol if it can be proven that the establishment showed negligence by continuing to serve alcohol to someone that was visibly intoxicated.
The Broward Injury Attorneys at Madalon Law are well-versed in negotiating with insurance companies and can greatly maximize the financial compensation you receive. We also take all the financial risk of your case for you, so you don’t owe us a dime unless we are successful in seeking you financial compensation. Contact our Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation and get answers to your drunk driving questions.