Steps you must take after a motorcycle accident happens
The Injury Lawyers of Madalon Law understand the level of injury that can result from a motorcycle accident. In many cases the victim may not be physically able to take the following steps after a crash involving a motorcycle. Because of this, we encourage the reader to share the information on this page with family members, fellow riders or anyone else that may be present if a motorcycle accident were to occur.
Here are the Steps that can help you achieve a maximum recovery in the case of a Motorcycle accident:
- Take Notes – Go into detail. What happened? What time did it happen? How was the weather? What were the road conditions where the accident happened? Who was there? Better to make note of it all now.
- Document injuries and damage (on paper and photo) – Go into as much detail as possible. The feeling of pain can change as time passes, so it is always good to keep a daily record of your injuries and how they are limiting you each day. Also take photos of your motorcycle, separated pieces and damaged or bloodied clothing. Also take photos of any skid marks or city property damage that resulted from accident.
- Witness Information – Get the names and numbers. If you can get their side of the story as to what they saw, take down those notes too. Your Attorney will contact them from there.
- Go to the ER – Road rash, scrapes, fractures, head injuries, concussions – these are all common injuries for motorcycle accident victims. Even if you are one of the lucky ones that can get up after taking a pretty big hit, this is no time to shake it off. You may not feel it today, but you will feel it tomorrow and if you didn’t go to the hospital, it is going to seem like your injuries were not that bad.
- Preserve all of your items the way they were after the accident – Don’t wash clothes. Don’t repair the bike. If your bike was sent to storage, get it out of there! They don’t care about preserving your bike’s condition.
- Hire an Attorney – Dealing with the details after an accident like this is overwhelming. Let the attorney handle it.
Insurance companies are faced with substantial financial responsibility when one of their insured is at fault in a motorcycle accident. When this happens, their goal is to close the case as quickly as they can for the least amount of money. The insurance company’s first line of defense is the claims adjuster, who will try to minimize the seriousness of a motorcycle accident victim’s case in an effort to settle the case on the insurance company’s terms.
The Injury Attorneys of Madalon Law know how to handle insurance companies going against Motorcycle Accident Victims. Contact our office today and start getting answers with a free consultation with one of our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys.