Fort Lauderdale slip & fall attorneys that want you to understand the truth about these cases
When you here “Slip & Fall”, it is common for people to envision a frivolous lawsuit or more clearly someone who fell because they weren’t paying attention and now want to try and sue for millions. This public perception can make a person who is injured on a fall feel like they should just get up, chalk it up to their own negligence and limp off. This is the wrong thing to do. Not just because the limp or pain they have can be something they find out is more severe later, but also because in many cases the fall was not due to the negligence of the individual who slipped.
So where do slip & fall cases happen?
Slip and falls can happen anywhere. You could be at a restaurant where there could be spills that are not picked up. It could be a store at the mall where items have not been picked up or a spill has been disregarded by a mall janitor. There can also be dangerous environments like offices and other workplaces that man have stairs that are not up to code. Another common place for slip and falls are gaming and casino areas like the Hollywood Hard Rock Hotel & Casino or the Coconut Creek Casino.
It could be an environmental issue like flooring, lighting or other hazards. With stairs there can be liquids or other contaminates that can make the surface slippery.
The stairs you fell on may not meet safety requirements
Not all stairs are created equal and if the staircase you fell on does not meet safety requirements than you may have a case. There are requirements with the tread, dimensional uniformity, structural integrity, handrails, proper lighting, guardrails, landings and other requirements depending on the type of stairs you climb. It’s not just stairs that need to meet codes and requirements – ramps also have safety standards that must be met.
Our slip and fall attorneys have an incredible success rate with these types of cases and take them very seriously. Some of our steps can include:
- Going to the scene and taking as many pictures in as many different angles as possible to preserve the scene.
- Making notes of different surface conditions that can be caused by weather.
- We will research the codes of the building, as well as its stairways and ramps.
- We will test stairs for slip resistance and stair tread.
- Check for defects that could have caused the fall – there are common ones that can be easily missed if not carefully looked for.
- Research and review other safety issues in the walking surface.
- Speak to all witnesses and people that may be familiar with the building or anything else that can help your case
- Find out who is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the place you were injured
You need to contact a firm that understands these types of cases. Contact the FT. Lauderdale slip and fall attorneys at MADALON LAW and we will answer your questions and give you your free consultation.