FIND AN ATTORNEY WHO UNDERSTANDS MARITIME LAW
If you were injured on a cargo vessel, cruise ship, pleasure craft, or other vessel working on navigable waters, you must pursue any legal injury claim within the confines of maritime law. This unique body of conventions, laws, and treaties collectively titled Admiralty and Maritime Law apply to all insurance claims and civil cases related to shipping and offshore activities.
Madalon Law has represented clients throughout the country in maritime injury cases. An experienced maritime attorney at Madalon Law can provide the legal expertise, advice and answers needed when a legal question arises about the rights and responsibilities of seamen, passengers, and ship owners.
If you wanted to have your will drafted, you would seek out a lawyer with experience in wills and trusts. Similarly, if you need serious legal help to ensure you are fully compensated for devastating, life-changing injuries that occurred on or near the water, you need to find an attorney who specializes in maritime law. As a layperson without maritime knowledge and experience, it is imperative that you have a skilled maritime attorney representing you. This is especially true if the party responsible for your injury is one of the large companies in the maritime industry, as they will have a team of lawyers and investigators who focus solely on maritime law working to minimize the damages you may collect.
WHAT KIND OF CASE DO YOU HAVE?
There are numerous types of maritime injury cases, each presenting its own distinct challenges. Madalon maritime lawyers can help you with your unique case, whether you were traveling for pleasure or working in the maritime industry when you were injured. We represent clients and help them recover from:
- Cruise ship and shore excursion injuries
- Cruise ship sexual assault
- Diving and water sports injuries
- Recreational boating accidents
- Seaman/Crew Member injuries
- Overboard incidents and drownings
- Injuries on oil rigs and fishing/seafood processing vessels
- Catastrophic personal injury or wrongful death
THE COMPLEXITIES AND SPECIFICS OF MARITIME LAW
At Madalon Law, our skilled maritime lawyers represent clients, both passengers and maritime industry workers, in a variety of cases arising from some of the most central maritime laws governing life and work at sea. We provide assistance with:
- Jones Act claims – Under the Jones Act, a seaman injured due to the negligence of his employer or fellow crewman is entitled to compensation. He or she may collect for lost wages and lost future earning capacity, pain and suffering, disfigurement, lost wages, vocational rehabilitation expenses, future ongoing medical expenses, and even loss of enjoyment of life.
- Maintenance and Cure claims – In most on-the-job injury cases, an injured seaman may collect both injury-related medical expenses and a daily living allowance, no matter who was at fault for the injury.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act claims – This act was added to maritime law to provide lost wage compensation as well as payment for injury-related medical expenses to employees who do not fit the legal definition of “seamen,” but who suffered injuries or developed work-related illnesses or hearing loss while performing work either on navigable waters or surrounding areas (e.g. docks, piers, terminals, wharves, and other areas used in loading, unloading, building and repairing vessels. Employees who may file a claim under this rule might be boat repairmen, ship cargo loaders, port workers, longshoremen, or ship builders, among others.
- Death on the High Seas claims – If a family member has died as a result of an accident occurring offshore due to negligence or unseaworthiness, you may be able to receive financial compensation for emotional and psychological devastation, as well as for medical costs, lost wages, and loss of future earning capability.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS WITH A MARITIME LAWYER
When you need personalized advice on protecting your rights under maritime law, do not hesitate to get experienced and knowledgeable legal assistance. Give the maritime accident attorneys at Madalon Law a call at any time to speak with a lawyer with experience handling cases similar to yours. Our consultation is free and we take maritime injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not pay us unless and until we are able to make a successful recovery for you.
Madalon Law handles Maritime cases in Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi.